Education Packages: MicroMacroEdGuide.pdf
Micro and Macro of the Boreal Forest serves to juxtapose two very different yet integrally connected elements of the forest ecosystem, the microbiome found along the boulders inhabiting Canadian shield lakes and the bears and ungulates which that microbiome ultimately nourishes and sustains.
Greg Allen paints the intricacies of the algae, lichen and moss which over time slowly come to cover the rocks and boulders found along the shoreline of boreal forest lakes while Jeff Meldrum sets up camera traps to capture bears, elk and deer interacting with his artistic interventions in the landscape.
By showcasing the two works together, the artists hope to prompt viewers to consider the complexity of the ecology, systems both big and small, while fostering an appreciation for the aesthetics bound within the boreal forest.
- Sat, Oct 7, 2023 to Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at the Station Arts Centre Cooperative
- Mon, Apr 1, 2024 to Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at the Garden Gallery
- Wed, May 1, 2024 to Sun, Jun 23, 2024 at the Grand Coteau Heritage and Cultural Centre
- Fri, Apr 1, 2022 to Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at the Tisdale Community Library
- Thu, Sep 1, 2022 to Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at the Indian Head Theatre and Community Arts Inc.
- Sun, Jan 1, 2023 to Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at the Gallery Works and The Third Dimension
- Wed, Feb 1, 2023 to Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at the John V. Hicks Gallery at the Prince Albert Arts Centre
- Wed, Mar 1, 2023 to Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at the Watrous Art & Cultural Centre
- Sat, Apr 1, 2023 to Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at the Sherven-Smith Art Gallery
- Mon, May 1, 2023 to Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at the Humboldt and District Gallery