Education Packages: AllConditionedThingsEdGuide.pdf
The exhibition All Conditioned Things presents the work of Saskatchewan artists, Jared Boechler and Nic Wilson, whose subject matter is embedded with symbolism or signifiers to explore concepts of mortality and impermanence. Both artists present mundane objects within their compositions, objects of domesticity, consumption and memorialization, many that are linked historically to traditional vanitas or memento mori paintings - including candles, ceramic vessels and flowers - that represent the passage of time, aging, decay, the transience of life, the futility of pleasure, and the certainty of death. Their compositions explore the values and narratives that these objects come to symbolize.
This exhibition is curated by the Moose Jaw Museum & Art Gallery and toured through OSAC's Arts on the Move program.
- Fri, Sep 1, 2023 to Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at the Last Mountain Lake Cultural Centre
- Wed, Nov 1, 2023 to Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at the Tisdale Community Library
- Mon, Jan 1, 2024 to Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at the Mistasinihk Place
- Thu, Feb 1, 2024 to Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at the Community pARTners Gallery
- Wed, May 1, 2024 to Thu, May 23, 2024 at the Sherven-Smith Art Gallery
- Sun, Sep 1, 2024 to Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at the Gallery Works and The Third Dimension
- Tue, Oct 1, 2024 to Wed, Oct 23, 2024 at the Watrous Art & Cultural Centre
- Fri, Nov 1, 2024 to Sat, Nov 23, 2024 at the John V. Hicks Gallery at the Prince Albert Arts Centre
- Sun, Dec 1, 2024 to Thu, Jan 23, 2025 at the Station Arts Centre Cooperative